8 Tips To Save Money On This Month's Energy Bill
- Install a programmable thermostat to help control temp when you're away and throughout the day.
- Use compact fluorescent light bulbs with the ENERGY STAR® label.
- Air dry dishes instead of using your dishwasher’s drying cycle.
- Turn off your computer and monitor when not in use.
- Plug home electronics, such as TVs and DVD players, into power strips; turn the power strips off when the equipment is not in use. TVs and other entertainment equipment still use several watts of power even in standby mode.
- Lower the thermostat on your hot water heater to 120°F.
- Take short showers instead of baths.
- Wash only full loads of dishes and clothes.
Still Want More?
Want to read more energy saving tips and guidelines? Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn or Google Plus. Schedule a FREE Energy Audit to find out how to save the most energy in your home.